Thursday, December 27, 2012

   Made it into Morgantown yesterday afternoon just before the snow began to fall. Stopped and picked up a battery for the truck fob and got that working again as well as picking up some cold/cough stuff for the cough I still seem to have deep in my chest.

Got checked into the resort around 2:30 and promptly took a nap. My night with the 'Hillbillies From Hell' in the next room at the Inn the night before left me in need of a few more hours of sleep. Just to finish up that story; the boyfriend-fiance showed up last night after I assume the girls mother contacted him. A little yelling ensued, inside and out of the room, then it quieted down and conversation continued until I finally ended up falling asleep around 1:00. So I don't know what actually worked out, but I'm hoping for the best for them both.

A lot of people didn't make it into the dance last night because of the snow storm blowing through the area. Those flying in were stopped in Pittsburgh when the airport closed down, and blizzard conditions on the highways in every direction, caused many of them to stop and hole-up where ever they happened to be at the time.

For those of us who made it though, what a joy. Dinner started the week off with maybe 100 of us here in the hotel. Really good to see so many friends again. Our first dance started at 8:00 with two good lines of dancers. The band for the night were the 'Mean Lids' out of Ohio. I have been hearing about them for the past year, but had never danced to them before. The band is made up of 3 young kids playing a variety of instruments. Really good music from them all night and just a great time dancing. Still having a bit of a problem with my cough while dancing. Not sure if is some residual effect from my cold or if it is part of my allergies kicking in. Either way it is very annoying.

Danced all but two dances during the evening. So a good solid 3 hours of dancing considering the break midway through and the two that I sat out. There were only a couple of us that decided to stay up after the dance and hang out. A couple bottles of wine, some Baileys and we were all feeling pretty good in no time. In no time at all it was already 2:30 and time for bed.

Slept really well finally and felt like I caught up. Lunch today was nice, many more people showed up this morning as conditions outside improved. Most of the dancers should be here by this evening. So far it has been a lot of fun, it is already going fun, but there is still a lot more of it to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment