Monday, December 10, 2012

   Moving day again today, so it was up early again to pack up and get on the road. Didn't have to go very far this morning, only a dozen or more miles up the road to Payne's Prairie State Park. Have been to, and stayed at, this park many times before as it is close to Gainsville and has a nice campground with quite a few hiking trails close by. So it was easy to drive up the road and check in and set up again. Only 3 hours from getting up to being set up again in my new camp site. This time though I'm set for  the next two weeks so I can really settle in and enjoy my time here. I did take a short nap early in the afternoon, but there were a few errands to run so I was out and about by 1:00 in the afternoon.

   It was still sunny and warm, 81 degrees, out when I left the trailer for Gainsville. I grabbed a bite to eat in town at a Chinese restaurant that I knew of. By the time I came out of there it was just pouring down rain. Haven't been in a storm like that for some time with lots of thunder and lightning to go with all of the water falling out of the sky. It was nice to be in the midst of it for so many reasons; the outside of the truck is now a lot cleaner for one thing, but more important is that the area around here was really in need of some water. They were really concerned about wild fires breaking out if people weren't carefully. I think they can relax a little bit now, at least for a while anyway. It will let me sleep a little better at night also since I'm camped in the middle of a pine forest.

    Did the last of my Christmas shopping while out this afternoon. Now I just need to get busy and wrap up the last one that needs to be mailed. Hope to do that all in the morning and then take it, and some other mail, in and get it all mailed off.

    Spent the evening listening to the rain on the roof and watching the lightning through the window. It's been a real show this evening, but has pretty much stopped raining at the moment. Suppose to keep having afternoon rain showers for a couple of more days at least as there is a bit of a 'cold' front sitting over the area. Hard to believe it since it is still nearly 70 degrees outside and it is nearly 10:30 in the evening. Time to get a couple more chapters read in my book before going to bed again.

No comments:

Post a Comment