Thursday, December 6, 2012

    Busy day around here today... always the case when it gets close to moving day. That happens tomorrow morning, so today was the day to get all the laundry done since the machines are only a 100' or so from the trailer. Still not as convenient as having facilities in your own home, but they don't take up a lot of space either. A couple of loads finished it all up in a couple of hours and since there was really nobody else here in the campground I didn't even have to sit there and baby sit them, just set the timer and check on them once in a while. Still have some putting away to do yet, but it is going to feel so good to climb between fresh sheets again. I try to change bedding every two weeks at the max, but it would sure be nice if it could be more often.

    Had a quick lunch after dealing with that chore and then went out and yanked the used up propane tank off the front rack and ran it into town and got it filled up again. It wasn't quite empty, but close enough that it needed to be filled again. Depending on the price of course, it takes between $25-$30 bucks to fill up a 30 lb tank. They hold 7.1+/- gallons of propane, so you can do the math. It was interesting to talk to the women who was filling me up because she was telling me that about 70%-80% of the tanks with the new shut-off, safety style valve really don't work. It's still really easy to overfill them I guess unless you have them on a scale while filling them up.

   Talked to my brother-in-law down here in Florida for a little bit while in town. Needed to let him know that there was a package or two of mail heading his way in the next week or so and that I'd be over sometime in the next week or so to pick it up and take him to lunch. He mentioned something about beer and fish tacos.....

   Also gave a call back to the Denver area and talked with a friend from my old job. She and I were hired the same week, but she's still not old enough to retire, and still has a kid in high school, so it is going to be a few more years for her yet. Always good to talk to her, but I am so glad to not be doing all of that stuff any more. Don't get me wrong, I really did love my job, I mean come on, they paid me to travel around Colorado to some of the prettiest places in the state. But it still doesn't beat what I am doing now. I still wake up nearly every morning and remember how nice it is that I don't have to go anywhere or do anything I don't want to. I'm so lucky to be able to do what I'm doing now.

    Have been watching a series of movies this past week or so here in the trailer. They are on a boxed DVD set of 'On the Road' movies from the 40's starring Bing Crosby, Bob Hope and Dorothy Lamour. They really aren't all that great as far as movies go, but what the heck..... they are still a lot of fun.... and Dorothy Lamour still looks mighty fine in a sarong.... or anything else she wears for that matter.

   Will be heading for a private RV place in the town of McIntosh in the morning. Have stayed there several times before and have enjoyed it even though it is a bit run down and seedy looking. It is kind of what you picture 'Old Florida' as looking like. Will only be there for three days before moving back up the road about 20 miles to a State Park just south of Gainsville. I have a two week reservation there so that will take me all the way up to the day I take off and head north for West Virginia for a couple of weeks.

   Actually won't be spending all that much time in McIntosh this time either. There are contra dances down in the Tampa area on both Friday and Saturday night. Since it is more than two hours each way from the trailer, it seemed maybe better to try and find a cheap hotel down in the Tampa area tomorrow night and not try to drive back and forth so much.

    Looking forward to being on the road again tomorrow. I really like this little park where I am at, and will most likely come back here again, but it is always nice to be on the road to new things too.

No comments:

Post a Comment